Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birmingham and England goalkeeper wants a break

Birmingham and England goalkeeper Ben Foster has revealed he is taking an indefinite break from international football.

The 28-year-old has been the number two to Manchester City's Joe Hart since last year's World Cup but has had a series of injury problems and has made the decision to benefit his club career.

Foster told www.bcfc.com: "Performing at the highest level game in, game out, and particularly when there's been as many matches as there have been this season, really takes it out of your body."

Foster's decision, which he insists is reversible, comes exactly a year after he was left out of the England squad for the World Cup by coach Fabio Capello.

He said: "It's no secret that I've had a few niggling injuries and that I've had to pull out of the past few England squads because of that.

"I've spoken to the management team and coaches here at Blues and told them what I want to do but it's also very important that I say just how much I have loved playing for England and being part of the set-up.

"I've enjoyed my time with England and am certainly not closing a door on the international side of things forever but this is the right thing for me to do right now in terms of club football.

"Inevitably every time I've had the opportunity to give my body a rest there has been an international fixture and the demands that come with that.

"In Joe (Hart) England have a goalkeeper who is extremely talented and a top guy and he is an excellent custodian for the national side to have. I have no doubt he is going to go on to be one of the greatest.

"But this is the right decision for me as I want to prolong my club career for as long as possible."

DISCLAIMER

FOOTBALL CRAZE is a blog about football / soccer live stream, live score, schedules and current standing. We provide some options for you to choose the best streaming channels hosted by 3rd party. We are not responsible on any problem of streaming videos. If you think this blog is useful for future reference, please bookmark (ctrl+D) this blog. Thank you to be in here!!!